Why the Chemical Cleaning Industry dislikes Ha-Ra
What makes Ha-Ra so unpopular among chemical cleaners
Look under your sink and you’ll most likely find a cocktail of expensive detergents and cleaning sprays. Ammonia, bleach, chlorine and formaldehyde are poisons commonly found in everyday cleaning products and people are openly inviting them into their home not knowing the risks they face, mistakenly believing that these are the products that they need to create a clean, healthy and safe environment.
When you think of the word ‘poison’ you probably think about someone ingesting toxic substances. However, your body can be poisoned in many ways including through the lungs and skin, and when you expose yourself to toxic chemicals through cleaning you are putting your body and your family at risk of poisoning every day. So lets face it:
- Since World War II 700,000 new chemicals have been introduced, developed out of chemical warfare. That’s 250 billion pounds of synthetic chemicals produced each year and thousands are appearing in every day products on supermarket shelves. We are the first generation to grow up with extremely high levels of chemicals in the home.
- The Environmental Protection Authority reported that toxic chemicals found in every home are three times more likely to cause cancer than airborne pollutants. Most disinfectants, by nature, are potentially harmful or even toxic to humans or animals.
- Tests have shown that the intensive use of chemicals is a contributing factor to the growth of super-bugs.
- Using vinegar to clean is still using a chemical compound and isn’t actually helping as it only provides one part of the cleaning process – the acid. For a total cleaning system you require an acid and an alkaline.
- Detergents leave a film on surfaces, which are therefore not clean, and can actually be damaging to your furniture, benches, floors and equipment. Many popular cleaning products only remove surface dirt and don’t eradicate the germ-growing bacteria.
- Tests have shown that the physical removal of bacteria and micro-organisms by scrubbing is actually more effective than the anti-microbial effect of cleaning agents used (killing bacteria).
Chemical cleaning agents and toxic detergents are no longer required to provide a clean and safe environment. There are numerous alternatives available that not only protect you and your family’s health, they are also safe for the environment and CLEAN your home better. The problem is that what most people believe about cleaning is that it is hard work and requires mountains of chemicals and detergents to do the job right. This is more the message of clever marketing companies dedicated to selling you more and more products usually comprised of harmful chemicals cocktails to do a job that is never done.
The Chemical Cleaning Industry simply can't stand us! Why?
- A high-quality Ha-Ra® Microfibre will last up to 10 - 15 years. Only using water this will save you (or a commercial business) having to purchase cleaning chemicals and disinfectants in general.
- Have you ever wondered why Ha-Ra is not stocked in cleaning retailers around Australia? Our products simply last too long to be considered. Retailers rather opt in for chemicals or cleaning liquids in bottles which run out so the customer (you!) has to repurchase again!
- Various Businesses like the Twin City Motor Inn, Albury Wodonga saved over $1,000 in the first 12 months directly by not purchasing chemicals that the Ha-Ra® cloths have replaced. In addition they saved between $4,000 and $5,000 in wages. This is a direct result of the cleaners being able to clean the units more efficiently without using chemicals. This strategy of chemical elimination is a serious threat against the chemicial cleaning industry.