WARNING! Cleaning with vinegar isn't SAFE!
Vinegar is not a SAFE cleaning agent.
Did you know? Using vinegar to clean is still using a chemical compound and isn’t actually helping as it only provides one part of the cleaning process – the acid. For total cleaning system you require an acid and an alkaline. Tests have shown that the physical removal of bacteria and micro-organisms by scrubbing is actually more effective than the anti-microbial effect of cleaning agents used (killing bacteria).
After a lifetime of cleaning the ‘normal way’, you’re probably thinking 'Won’t there still be germs growing if you do not use chemicals as you have not sprayed any disinfectant on the surface?' But what you might not know is that if you have a totally dry, clean surface the germs cannot grow, much in the same way as if we as humans do not have food and water we cannot survive; bacteria cannot survive without water and nutrients.
But even now the public is not convinced that fibres and water alone will do the job. We ran a competition on Green Cleaning tips, and so many people still believe they need vinegar for a ‘green‘ clean. In fact using vinegar or lemon juice on surfaces such as marble or limestone can actually stain or even pit the stone.
The latest trend is disinfecting everything: actually most cleaning agents kill the bacteria but do not remove them, whereas microfibre cleaning, using only water, removes the bacteria and leaves behind only a dry, clean surface. And no chemical residue!
Find out more about Paleo Cleaning methods and receive an exclusive discount. (valid for a limited time)