How do you find the right floor cleaning pad?
How do you choose the best mop pad for your floor?
It's time to mop the floors again! But a perfect result not only depends on the right cleaning agent. The design of the mop and the nature of the floor fiber are also elementary.
How do you find the right floor pad? In this article you will learn what types of floor pads there are. You will also learn what advantages they have and which Ha-Ra floor fibers best suit your floors.
Natural fiber vs. synthetic fiber
A basic distinction is made between two types of fibers. There are synthetic fibers (e.g. polyester, polyamide) and natural fibers (e.g. cotton, bamboo, viscose) Synthetic fibers offer a number of advantages:
- Very good cleaning efficiency (especially microfibers)
- Very good water and dirt absorption capacity (especially microfibers)
- Fast drying
- High durability, shape retention and longevity
- In contrast to natural fibers, no water is required for dyeing
- Resistant to viruses and bacteria (these find no breeding ground on synthetic fibers and are not spread further)
Natural fibers on the other hand are:
- Biodegradable, partially compostable
- Withstand high washing temperatures
The highest quality standards
At Ha-Ra, we live by the highest quality standards, which are also reflected in our fibers:
- Only high-quality European brand fibers are used for Ha-Ra fibers
- Our raw material comes from German weaving mills (exception: dry fibers: Italy)
- All fibers are made by hand in the Ha-Ra manufactory in Saarland in more than 20 work steps
- The high quality of the raw material is evident from the high breaking strength (e.g. no microplastics get into the waste water)
- Ha-Ra fibers are the most densely woven floor fibers on the market (> 1000 g/m², more than double a standard fibre → Advantages: best cleaning performance, highest area performance on the market (cleaning > 60 square meters without absorbing new water) and unique durability