Thinking of doing something special for Mum on Mother's Day? Here are 3 quick tips that will cost you nothing and help Mum enjoy a relaxing, stress free day.
No need to hunt supermarket shelves for eco friendly cleaning products, it's safe to get the kids on the job with micro fibre gloves and cloths:
1. Give the children an bucket of water, a Green glove and send them out to give Mum's car a good wash. I found that even the littlies love to help if there's water involved! They can help polish the car dry with a Brilliant Polishing Cloth. For the inside the Mach 6 glove will take care of the glass and dashboard.
2. Quick bathroom cleaning tip: cleaning bathroom tiles or shower screen takes no time with the Hedgehog glove, specially designed to get the glass and grout clean without toxic chemicals. Or you can use the micro fibre Window Cleaner to do all glass surfaces.
3. The ultimate screen cleaner: our best selling green product, the Green glove, is also the dirt buster on fly screens. Just wet the glove and the dirt will come off and get trapped into the fibres.
And as all this will only take a few minutes per job, you'll still have plenty of time to get Mum a card and some flowers for her special day!
If you have a Junior Master Chef in the family, here's a quick recipe to melt Mum's heart:
Scrambled Eggs Muffins with Smoked Salmon (serves 4)
Ingredients: 6 eggs, 4 muffins, 50gr butter, 8 slices of smoked salmon, 150ml sour cream
- Place sliced muffins in the toaster
- Crack the eggs into a bowl, whisk them and season to taste with salt and pepper
- Melt half the butter in a small saucepan over a medium heat until bubbling, then tip the eggs in. Keep stirring with a wooden spoon, until the mix thickens.
- Turn the heat off when the eggs are still slightly undercooked and mix in the rest of the butter.
- Place buttered muffin halves on 4 plates and cover each one with a spoonful of scrambled egg, a slice of salmon and a dollop of sour cream.