Wintertime = Mould time! Kill it naturally!

Mould is a fungal growth!
It grows in homes under the right conditions of dampness, darkness & poor ventilation e.g. bathrooms or kitchens, basement areas and outdoors in humid environments. Walls, timber, carpet, furniture and fabrics can harbour mould if they stay damp for extended periods of time. 

Toxic moulds produce mycotoxins that can pose serious health risks. Some studies claimed that exposure to high levels of mycotoxins can lead to neurological problems and in some cases death. Prolonged exposure may be particularly harmful. Research in this area has not been conclusive. Symptoms caused by mould allergy may include:

• Respiratory illness or asthma
• Watery, itchy, red eyes
• Chronic cough
• Headaches or migraines
• Rashes (dermatitis)
• Tiredness
• Sinus problems, blocked nose
• Frequent sneezing

Removing the spores with Ha-Ra® and our chemical free micro-fibre cleaning systems is simple, safe and quick. Start off with the Dry Yellow Glove or the Dry Yellow Floor Pad to go over large area.

Follow with the the Green Glove or Green Floor Pad. We recommend a couple of drops of the Protective Formula. This is a PH neutral detergent that will allow the fibres to glide over the surface as well as when rinsing the floor pad it will clean the mould out of the pad. It's natural, produced from raw materials taken from vegetable extracts, biodegradable and has been developed to enhance the effectiveness of Ha-Ra® fibre cleaning products while protecting the cleaned surfaces as well as your skin.

To permanently get rid of the mould, however, the source of dampness must be eliminated. The most common reason for dampness is high humidity in places such as bathrooms or sometimes kitchens, and as a result of hanging damp clothes up to dry indoors. Solutions include improving ventilation, dehumidifiers, air conditioning, and drying clothes outdoors, if practical, or using a tumble drier. Other sources of dampness may be leaking roofs, leaking pipes or seepage from wet ground, which may require professional help to fix. 

Be careful!
Using vinegar to clean is still using a chemical compound and isn’t actually helping as it only provides one part of the cleaning process – the acid. For total cleaning system you require an acid and an alkaline. --Tests have shown that the physical removal of bacteria and micro-organisms by scrubbing is actually more effective than the anti-microbial effect of cleaning agents used (killing bacteria). 

Happy Wintertime! 

Please enter these characters in the following text field.

The fields marked with * are required.