Hi I’m Louise, a busy mother of three who loves to know about anything that can make day-to-day things quick and easy to help me spend more time doing what I love – being with my family (however crazy they may be!).
In the last few years I have collected a wealth of knowledge on home cleaning tips and I am such a big fan of Ha-Ra® that I’ve been asked to guest blog to share my tips and tricks with you.
If you’re like me and are always busy, always caring for others and hate the thought of cleaning up another mess, let alone getting the house presentable for guests, then follow me – I’ve learned a better way to deal with this and keep my sanity (for the most part anyway).
I’m not going to promise the world, but I do promise that I will help you save time on the housework to get you back to where you’d rather be.
So, in the spirit of Christmas, I will give you some tips on how to get through the silly season and enjoy it!
- Lay-by gifts so that you don’t have to find anywhere to store them at home – the kids WILL find them! Usually you can set up your lay-by to finish just before Christmas so you can pick it up, get everything gift-wrapped at the store and then take them home and put them straight under the tree.
- If you’re lucky, try to get the kids involved in cleaning the house and reward them with some candy canes – this way the cleaning will get done and they’ll be less likely to mess it up again (maybe).
- If the kids are disinterested in cleaning, try doing a ‘kid swap’ with other mothers so that you’ve each got a day to get your house sorted, do some shopping and de-stress yourself. Clean all the floors, the guest bathroom and the kitchen as a start – this is what guests will see. If you have more time do the windows and all the rooms, and clear out the kids’ old toys to make room for the new ones.
- Buy as much food as you can early and freeze it so that you’re not stuck in check-out lines at the supermarket. Then you’ll only need the fresh, perishables just before Christmas.
- If you’re not getting your gifts store wrapped, make sure you allow enough time to wrap! I can’t tell you how many times I’ve stayed up late watching the carols on TV wrapping all the pressies on Christmas Eve – it doesn’t make for an energetic Christmas morning, let me tell you!
- Don’t stress it! If you’re surrounded by family and friends, have food to eat and some gifts to give you’re one of the lucky ones. Celebrate and take in the joy on everyone’s face – this is what Christmas is all about.
I hope you all have a happy and safe Christmas that is as stress-free as possible. I hope to connect with you all in the new year in this blog and also check out my social media pages - Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Google+ ! If you have some great tips to share, please get in contact with me through social media or this website.